Pratt Institute Library Restoration
Originally built in 1896 as Brooklyn’s first free public library, a phased renovation and restoration of the Pratt Institute Library included new Institute archives, a rare book room, slide and media facility, and permanent art collection storage. The stacks and interiors were originally designed by Tiffany Glass and Decorations Company.
The first phase provided Special Collections facilities for rare and delicate materials and improved building-wide HVAC performance. A series of glass partitions were installed to create climate separations between archival and human-occupancy areas.
also at Pratt: Pratt Institute School of Architecture